The carpenter came last week and tore down the old walls and studded out the remaining (new) ones. The electrician is currently doing all my feeds, getting the outlets set, and installing track lighting. Hopefully he'll be done by the weekend so I can get back to work. I'm NOT liking this "down" time.
Here's a photo of the new raw space (sans wiring work).

Mentor
I was finally able to secure my mentor (Cristi Rinklin) for this semester. I'm really excited and looking forward to working with her. We are trying to connect this week for our first meeting.
Reading List
I'm deep into my next "scientific" book "The Artful Eye" I continue to learn more about brain function, specifically how vision functions in the brain. I find myself chewing over how this fits into my thesis ideas.... "Visualizing Thought" not sure quite yet where it's all leading, but feel like some direction, and trends, are emerging.
Also am reading the book, "Art and Fear" which is proving helpful to my current position (and frustrations) in my artmaking. I've yet to finish it, but looks to be a good recommendation to any artist.
Small Studies
In the meantime I've been doing some small studies. Not sure any of these are actually done, but they represent some of the things I'm investigating.
12" x 9" Acrylic on Paper

12" x 9" Colored Pencil and Acrylic on Paper

12" x 9" Colored Pencil and Acrylic on Paper

18" x 12" Acrylic on Cut Paper

12" x 9" Graphite and Acrylic on Paper
No comments:
Post a Comment