Well, it's Sunday and my intention for this week was to spend 12 hours in the studio. I logged in 12.75... so I met my goal! Next week I intend to put in 15 hours and will continue to work my way up week-by-week and develop the habit of going to the studio on a regular and consistent basis.
Not sure I'll put a post in here every time that I go (like I have this week), but I'm finding that entering a post in here is helping cement the development of this new habit into my life. I didn't produce any image(s) today, but that's okay. I spent time cleaning and organizing some physical aspects of the studio, plus continued to catalog and index my archival of several thousand images. This indexing will allow me to do keyword searches to find specific subject matter that I want to use to experiment in developing my "photo-paintings" with. I also resolved a very pesky hard drive issue I was experiencing that was severely hampering my printing workflow, so I'm extremely glad that I was able to finally fix that problem.
Going through my archive of images has been a learning experience. Some of the images are about six or seven years old and I had discounted them because of the low-format camera I took them with, but it's been interesting to see how I looked at things then. What interested me, and the often unique perspective I took when shooting them. It has re-awakened something inside of me, and re-connected me to certain subjects that I have photographically neglected in the last several years. I realize that they may be perfect "studies" in my attempt to free the photograph from itself, and is providing me with a mental list of what to go out and start shooting again. Of course, more studio "tests" will help inform that further, and I'm really excited to continue with these studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment